Personal Taxes

Document list to file personal taxes

  • SINs, names and date of birth of all family members

  • T4 slips – Employment income
  • T4A – for CRB and other COVID payments received in 2022
  • T4E – Employment Insurance
  • T5007 – Social assistance, disability, workers compensation
  • T3, T5 – Investment income
  • T4RRSP – RRSP withdrawals
  • Old Age Security, CPP and other pension income (pink and yellow forms)
  • T5018 – Statement of contract payments
  • Tuition amount paid - form T2202 from educational institution website
  • Interest paid on student loans - can be found on the National Student Center account.

  • Alimony and other income (Spousal support only, not the Child support)
  • Business income and other income
  • Rent paid during the year or property tax paid during the year
  • Declaration of Conditions of Employment (form T2200) and expenses it allows claiming. If you worked from home due to COVID lockdown, count number of days you worked from home in 2022.
  • Amounts spent on babysitter, daycare, after school and camp with supporting receipts
  • Public transportation passes or receipts only for taxpayers 65 years and older
  • Home Accessibility expense - up to $10,000 spent on home improvements to make your house more accessible for disabled people and those who 65+ living in the house.
  • RRSPs contributions for the period of March 2, 2022 until March 1, 2023 (for 2022 Tax return)
  • Charitable Donations receipts
  • Professional or union dues, exams for professional certification
  • Medical expenses:
    • Statements from Group Insurance Benefits
    • Receipts for prescription drugs
    • Optical, dental, medical accessories, doctor and licensed medical professional fees, lab tests (count total for each family member)
  • Moving expenses, if you moved more than 40 km and closer to a new place of work or study: receipts, complete address of your new place of employment or educational institution, new and previous home address.
  • The Ontario Staycation Tax Credit: You can claim up to $1,000 spent by single person or $2,000 spent by couple on hotels, motels, bed-and-breakfasts, campgrounds, lodges, resorts, cottages, and vacation rentals on Ontario for leisure. Provide receipts.
  • Volunteer Firefighters certification
  • Business expenses sorted by categories (see: Small Business Taxes Worksheet)
  • Business registration documents and GST/HST Return form
  • Rental income and expense records. Complete Rental Income Worksheet for every rental property
  • Last year's Notice of Assessment
  • Canada Revenue Agency correspondence
  • Sale of stocks, bonds and carrying charges
  • Sale of real estate and relevant expenses:
  • Starting 2016 all sales of real estate must be reported on tax return. Even no tax will be paid on sale of principal residence, you will need to indicate on the tax return:
    • Complete property address
    • Sales price and the date of sale
    • Purchase price and the year of purchase
    If property was purchased as an investment, then capital gain will be reported. In this case related expenses can be claimed such as real estate agent commissions, legal fees, land transfer taxes, renovation cost etc. Complete Sale of Property Worksheet
  • Your banking information (void check) if you want to start or change direct deposit
  • Any additional relevant documents.

2022 life change events. Please inform about any changes in address, marital status, birth or death of a family member and indicate the date of the changes.

NEW Address (by appointment only):

5050 Dufferin St, #226
Toronto, ON M3H 5T5




Send us a message!

Book an appointment!